Baby refusing formula at 8 months old

Speiseplan, erstes Löffelchen, Trinken und vieles mehr!
Expertenforum
dkhanna
27. Mai 2021 09:38
Baby refusing formula at 8 months old
Dear,

My 8 month old has suddenly refused formula completely. I was giving her formula in the early morning( after she wakes up) and then in the morning (around 9-10 am) but now she cries a lot and does not drink it at all. Since I stopped breastfeeding 2 months ago, I am not producing enough milk. She is happy to take breast but unfortunately not enough milk.

My question: can I mix formula in the sone porridge and give it to her instead of giving her formula in liquid form? If she needs 5 spoons of formula- can I mix it in porridge and feed her both in mid morning and morning?
I am a bit concerned about her nutrition.

Thank you,
Divya ❤️
HiPP-Elternservice
28. Mai 2021 15:05
Re: Baby refusing formula at 8 months old
Dear „Divya“,

due to the young age of your baby, drinking formula or breast milk is still very important. The milk offers nutrients and also a lot of liquid.

Sometimes a baby has got just a short period where drinkng habits can change. For example when teeths are coming or they have a growth boost. Mostly, this is only temporary and best way is, still offering the milk. You can also offer the formula in a cup or over a spoon - even if the amounts are not so big.

Beside the liquid formula you can give a porridge with milk in the morning. Then your baby needs more water or tea in addition. But also try to go on with formula.

Please also contact your pediatrician, if your baby still refusing formula. He knows your little one best and can say, how to continue.

Best regards and have a nice weekend!
HiPP expert team
dkhanna
30. Mai 2021 08:11
Thank you so much for your answer. Could you please tell me how much milk a 8 month old
Baby needs daily?
- when she is on 3 solid meals
- when she is on 4 solid meals.

Also, how much water intake in case of 3 solid
Meals and 4 solid meals?
HiPP-Elternservice
1. Jun 2021 16:08
Dear „dkhanna“,

to ensure that your child is well fed, it still needs 400-500 ml of milk formula, including grams of milk porridge. This is usually divided into one or two bottles of milk (200-250 ml) plus a portion of milk porridge (200-250 g) in the evening.

Infants should also consume at least 400 ml of fluid per day. This also includes drinking milk. However, there are children who can barely manage half the recommended amount or even less, and others are much thirstier.

Kind regards

HiPP expert team
4 Beiträge • Seite 1 von 1
loading 19518...